The Chateau is a reasonable day's drive from St.Malo/Caen/Cherbourg/ Le Havre ( the overnight crossings to any of these ferry points is recommended.) and a full days drive from Calais/Bologne.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO REMEMBER WHEN CHOOSING YOUR FERRY - ARE
- That you arrive at the Chateau normally between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. and vacate by 10 am on your date of departure.
- If you opt for a night crossing, a cabin is worth considering although most ships do not have sufficient accommodation to guarantee everybody a berth.
- Do bear this in mind and consider a day crossing with an overnight Hotel stop as an alternative that may cost less than a cabin on your overnight Ferry.
- Arrival time in France - for most of the summer months France is one hour ahead of Britain. Book early especially for weekend and night crossings to ensure a cabin.
- 'N' 'D' Roads from Le Havre or Caen to Tours, or Autoroute from Calais, Paris then Tours. Autoroute from Tours to Poitiers 'N' and 'D' roads to Bourdeilles.
Approximate Distances To Bourdeilles from
- Calais/Bologne 480 miles
- Le Havre 400 miles Caen 355 miles
- Cherbourg 410 miles
- St. Malo 340 miles
- Santander - Spain 320 miles
- Motorail service operates from Boulogne to Brive/Bordeaux then Autoroute and 'N' and 'D' roads to Perigueux, Brantome and Bourdeilles.
- Motorail is an alternative option for reaching the Chateau quickly without a long journey byroad Significant savings are made on Petrol, Motor way Tolls and Hotel bills and should be borne in mind when considering the additional cost of Motorail. The combination of convenience and reasonable cost ensure that these services are very much in demand and early booking is advisable.
Fly to Paris then TGV - high-speed train to Angouleme. Or fly Paris to Perigueux. Fly into Bordeaux then car hire or train to Perigueux. Fly London Stansted- RyanAir to Limoges or Bergerac from £30. Fly from Southampton to Bergerac with Flybe from £49.
From London with Eurostar and TGV high-speed train to Angoulême from £80.
CHANGE-OVER DAY 5PM SATURDAY
On arrival you will find a log-book which records comments and impressions of previous visitors about anything which they found noteworthy and likely to be of interest to others. In this way you have an instant appraisal of local Restaurants, places of interest, the best walking and shopping locations plus a host of useful details about opening hours, closing days etc. Finally, as in any household, everyday problems can arise even in the best properties but are usually quickly resolved by contacting us immediately after they have arisen. We cannot give satisfaction, or for that matter refunds, if you suffer in silence and delay your report until you have returned home.
MAID AND FAIR SERVICE
It is sometimes possible to supply a maid for housework and perhaps some cooking. If you require this service, please confirm in writing as soon as possible. We will then try to organise your requirements around our maid's work schedules. We are however, not responsible for the effectiveness, efficiency or reliability of the maids or Au Pair employed on your behalf.
The number stated is a maximum, including children, except babies in cots and must not be exceeded. If numbers are exceeded then a surcharge will be charged. Pitching a tent or parking a caravan in the gardens to increase numbers is strictly forbidden.
Linen is included in the Chateau
In the Lodge we do not supply sheets and towels unless requested, therefore, a charge will be made for the laundry. Blankets and pillows are readily available .
HEATING AND HOT WATER
Hot water is included in the cost. Heating is usually required from October to April. Logs for the fires and heating are extra. Heating is metered, budget £75 to £500 pounds per week for the whole Chateau. This cost is deducted from your Good Housekeeping Deposit.
Telephone us on 0871-277-9848 or International +44-870-141-7449 to ensure that your choice of accommodation is available for the particular weeks required. We will take a provisional booking for you and reserve the property for 4 working days during which time we must receive your completed booking form and deposit otherwise it will be automatically released for other guests.
- 30% deposit makes bookings firm and the Balance to be paid no later then 10 weeks prior to your holiday.
- On receipt of your Booking Form we will send you a confirmation invoice informing you of the balance amount, which must be paid in full, if within10 weeks to departure.
- Special Requests - If you have any special requests regarding your Holiday we must receive these in writing at the time of booking. We will do our very best to comply with such requests but are not able to guarantee that such requests will be met.
Electrical Appliances - The same voltage is used as in the UK 220-240 volts, but you will however, require a change of plug or an adapter for your British or US plug.
FINAL CLEANING - LODGE AND CHATEAU WHEN BOOKED FOR EXCLUSIVE USE
Each client is expected to have done his fair share of final cleaning before departure, with particular reference to kitchen utensils, crockery, electrical rings and especially ovens, the folding of bedding and cleaning of floors, showers and baths . We must emphasise that our properties are not hotels, our prices have not been inflated by the inclusion of cleaning charges, the co-operation of everyone is requested and will be greatly appreciated. However, clients unwilling or unable to comply will incur a final cleaning charge (at a rate of 17euros per hour) which will be deducted from your Good Housekeeping Deposit.
All properties that are owned by ourselves, we supervise the manner in which they are furnished and maintained. The interior decorations and ambience, reflect local character and flavour. Descriptions are done in good faith and are carefully worded to ensure precision and exactness. It is impossible to list every aspect in the space provided and if there are any particular points that are important to you, please ensure that these are clarified at the time of reservation. Furnishings may change from time to time
GOOD HOUSEKEEPING DEPOSIT.
Is paid at the same time as the final balance - see booking form. This will be returned to you less any charges approximately 2-3 weeks after the end of your stay, or approximately 4 weeks if the telephone has been used.
- Every client must complete and sign our booking form which appears in the brochure insert.
- We can only accept firm bookings when accompanied by a deposit of 30%. If for any reason we are unable to complete the accommodation arrangements, we agree to return the deposit in full. By paying a deposit, on behalf of all members of your group, you have read and accepted the Booking conditions and general information contained on this web site..
- The full balance of the total holiday cost is payable to us not later than eight weeks before the departure date of the holiday and if not paid we reserve the right to cancel the holiday.
- All cancellations must be notified to us in writing. In the event of a cancellation being made by the client for any reason eight weeks or more before departure all moneys paid will be considered a forfeit. If notice of cancellation is received less than eight weeks before the departure date the full cost of the accommodation rental will be payable. Should the accommodation be subsequently re-let by us then a refund will be made in accordance with the amount received for re-letting less any expenses, costs and losses incurred by us as a result of the cancellation and less the original deposit paid.
- If a booking is accepted by us and for any reason there is an alteration to or cancellation of the holiday accommodation we shall notify the clients of such alteration or cancellation and shall offer them a comparable alternative holiday, if available. No liability for cancellations shall arise beyond the refund to the client of any moneys paid by them in respect of the bookings so cancelled.
- The client is responsible for leaving the accommodation occupied by him, together with all furniture and affects, clean and in good order and condition. The client undertakes to inform us ( forms are available ) of any damage to the accommodation or its contents during his occupation and to pay for any damage done, or missing items, to the owner or agent. £100 will automatically be deducted from your Good Housekeeping Deposit. for damage done which was not notified to us, to cover inspection charges.
- For any tailor-made arrangements outside the scope of this programme of holidays we must reserve the right to charge for any justifiable costs of postage, telephone or cancellation charges. Otherwise if arrangements are not suitable the deposit is repayable.
- We cannot be held responsible for alteration to ferry, airline, or property arrangements by outside parties
- Accommodation provided may only be used by the persons named on the booking form. Extra people will be charged at the price per person per week rate.
- All charges are based on current prices and exchange rates at the time of going to Press and in the event of fluctuation we reserve the right to adjust charges accordingly.
- Mechanical breakdown of equipment such as dishwashers, televisions, air-conditioning, washing machines, showers, boilers, cookers obviously happens from time to time. We shall do our best to ensure that such equipment is repaired ASAP but we cannot be made responsible for such equipment or other like equipment.
- There are no exceptions to the maximum number of persons permitted in the Chateau other than those shown on each property description.
- If any closed off parts of the property are broken into, or the police are called due to a disturbance the good housekeeping deposit will be forfeit but this will not limit your liability.
- We have no wish to have dissatisfied customers and we consider it part of the contract that we are given an opportunity within 48 hours of your arrival at the accommodation to put right any complaint you may have. Clients must give notice of any complaints by informing our office. This will give us the opportunity to put in order any grievances the client may have. We cannot accept complaints made after the client has returned home where we have not been given any opportunity to put matters right during your stay.
- Sometimes we employ local agencies for property management. It must be understood by the client that under no circumstances can we be liable for their actions or services.
17 Dale Street,
Royal Leamington Spa,